Welcome to the first edition of This Week At Antioch! This is a new format to our newsletter to help make communication more clear and consistent! Let us know what you think!
During our Sunday Worship Service we took time to learn and be reminded of the power of Jesus in our relationships. If you missed Sunday, you can listen to the podcast here: Gospel Rooted Friendships by Donny Tapie
Action Step: Are you in a Lifegroup? Lifegroups are a great place to build the type of relationships Donny spoke about. You can sign up for a Lifegroup here -
and if you are still on the fence about Lifegroup, you can check out our Instagram page for what Lifegroup is all about. This week we are running a series called "Lifegroup is For...."
2. School of Transformation (Above): Our semester long School of Transformation had their opening retreat. We have 19 students going through the school this fall and are excited to see the way God works in their lives.
1. Community & Identity by Jeremy West, join us for week two of our Power of Community Series. Jeremy West, one of our pastors, will be teaching about how community nurtures us in our identity. We will be worshipping, praying, learning together at 9:30 and 11 am. Antioch Kids will be ministering in both services.
2. Hurricane Harvey Relief: We are working to serve Hurricane Harvey victims by partnering with our sister church Antioch Houston. If you are interested in giving to help the rebuilding process, you can do so here. If you are interested in serving this weekend in helping clear and clean houses in Houston, fill out this info form.
3. Filled Worship Night: Sunday September 10 - 5pm - 7pm:
Ephesians 5.18 calls us to, "be filled with the Spirit." This summer we did a teaching series on being filled with the Holy Spirit in an environment of praise and worship. Our Filled Worship Night is a way to put experience to that teaching. We will facilitate a time of extended worship, prayer and impartation. Come hungry and expectant. Kids are welcome, but kids ministry is not provided during this time.
1. Fall Event Calendar: You can find out more of what will be going on in our church community this Fall on our event calendar
2. Antioch Kid's Parent Orientation Night! Monday Night, September 18th, 6:30pm-7:30pm. We are inviting all parents & kids to come and connect with our Antioch Kid's Team and hear vision about what God is doing in Antioch Kid's ministry this year! Kid's are welcome, event is come and go, refreshments will be provided!
3. Open House: If you are new to Antioch, we would love to invite you to our Open House lunch on October 1 from 12:30 - 1:30. Come eat some great (free) food right after the second service, meet some great people and learn more about being a part of the church. You can register here.