18 Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. 19 Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. 20 Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
– Matthew 28:18-20
As a church family, we want to respond to this call of Jesus to go and make disciples. We recognize the important part that small groups and intentional mentoring has to play in the discipleship process! These resources have been collected to help you in your Lifegroup and mentoring efforts.
Getting Started: The resources listed below are a great background and introduction to mentoring at our church.
- Discipleship At Antioch - This explains our philosophy of discipleship at Antioch. It is great primer if you are taking your first steps in mentoring someone else.
- Introduction To Mentoring - This series of audio teachings is a great place to be equipped in learning to mentor other Christians toward spiritual growth.
Next Steps: After you have gotten prepared by going through our Getting Started material, the following three resources are great starting points for a new mentoring relationship or new mentoring group.
- Exploring Christianity: These are some tools you can use in helping a non-Christian explore Christianity.
- Mentoring A New Christian: These are some tools and lessons that can help you in mentoring a new Christian. They can be used either in a one-on-one format or a small group.
- Mentoring A Growing Disciple: These lessons build upon the basic contours of Christianity and focus on some of the core values of being a disciple of Jesus. They can be used either in a one-on-one format or a small group.
Ongoing Growth: After someone has been through the Mentoring a Growing Disciple materials, we recommend the following guides for ongoing growth.
- Peer Group Discipleship: This guide facilitates ongoing spiritual growth in the format of a peer mentoring group.
- Ongoing Mentoring: This guide facilitates leading a mentoring relationship either in a one on one format or small group format and focuses on ongoing growth in discipleship. This guide also references our recommended books for mentoring found here.
- Spiritual Gift Mentoring: This guide facilitates a specific type of mentoring related to a spiritual gift like hospitality, prophecy or evangelism. It can be done either one on one or in a small group.
Multiplied Mentoring: As you progress in your mentoring relationship, it is good to focus not just on new information learned and practiced, but on passing that teaching- disciples making disciples. To do that we recommend:
- Coaching Disciplemakers - This guide helps you mentor someone as they make disciples.